Wednesday 27 November 2013

Runners as Street Guardians

As runners we often run the same routes around our local area. We see the same people and we notice what is normal.

On my run commute to work I see the same cyclists / runners / pedestrians each day and I notice their normal behaviours. Today I saw a large builder's bag out on the road causing a hazard and I knew which house it had come from because I'd noticed they were having work done to the house. On other days I've picked up wheelie bins and cut back hazardous branches because I feel like the ground I cover is my patch! It almost feels as though I part own the streets I run on. Therefore I should look after the streets any street sharer person (unknown to them) I see if something does go wrong.

Has anyone else had this same feeling?

No comments: