Friday 25 June 2010

"Nothing in the world can take the
place of persistence...Persistence and
determination alone are omnipotent."
- Calvin Coolidge

I was pleased with my time for the Warrington Road Runners 10K. It was 34:15 which matches my current 10K (loop) 10K. My 10K PB for a point to point race is 33:40 so I don't count that as a comparison.

I'm also pleased with the result because:
- I've only been doing easy running since the marathon. With more interval sessions I'll go faster;
- The course was full of sharp corners and partly on grass;
- I went the wrong way three times, did only added about 15 seconds on my time but mentally it added a bit more time because I kind of gave up a bit towards the end.

At my next 10K race I would like to pace 5m20s/m or 3m19s/km which will give me 33:08.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent running once again.