Sunday 27 June 2010

Aqua running

I'm been thinking lately of doing aqua running because I use the pool 2-3 times a week to swim but I would be better using that time to do something similar to running instead. I don't have to be injured to aqua run and it'll also prevent injury. Here's the research done so far:

Due to buoyancy heart rate is about 10 to 15 beats per minute lower.

Technique:
Link (roll over me to see where I go)
Link (roll over me to see where I go)

Buy:
a floatation belt:
Link (roll over me to see where I go)
shoes:
Link (roll over me to see where I go)

The Forerunner 310XT will not be able to receive heart rate data from the soft strap while in the water.

Cadence is a great way to monitor your workout in the pool, about 76 to 80 cycles per minute with each leg will help duplicate land running. On land the recommended cadence is about 88 to 90 cpm, but due to water resistance the equivalent in the water is about 10 cpm less.

No comments: