Saturday 18 July 2009

Quote and Packwood 10K turns into a 11K

"You have to believe in yourself when no one else does.
That's what makes you a winner."
- Venus Williams

On Friday 17 July 2009 I ran the Packwood 10K and about half way through I got sent the wrong way along with the other first 4 people in the race. The front four were the only ones who got sent the wrong way and we didn't realise until about 1K later when we joined the pack again. I don't think any of us minded and I certainly didn't. It added some fun to the race.

I personally enjoyed it because when I we got back on course I got to overtake about 5 people again and got up to third place. It's a positive feeling when passing people later in the race. I also didn't mind because I knew I wouldn't get a PB because the course is not a PB course due to the hills.

I finished the race in 36.48 and using a calculator on my favourite website: Fetcheveryone this is 35.24 for 10K which is better than I ran the race in last year (36: 35).

The wind was also strong.

No comments: