Wednesday 31 December 2008

Run everyday.

This year I set myself a goal which I have today achieved. To run everyday in 2008. I have ran at least 4 miles everyday. My annual mileage was 4100. So per day the average is 11.2. Average per week: 78.8. It was easier than I thought. In fact I would argue that running everyday is easier than running a couple times a week. Which days do you choose to rest? If you have the mind set to not have a day off then you know you have to run that day whatever happens.

In 2009 I will not be making a goal to run everyday but I probably will run everyday because I have made it a way of life. Ron Hill has run everyday for the last 44 years.

Today's quote: "Why give up" Ron Hill http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/sep/21/athletics

1 comment:

Lee said...

You're a grade-A looney Daniel!

I'm slowly coming round to the concept of running though... very slowly I might add :o)

I've got a 9k run planned at lunch today, which will be the furthest I'll have EVER run.

Have a good one, and a great New Year!