Wednesday 26 November 2008

5 months to go to Flora London Marathon


Completed the track session last night. Did 2m45 average for 800s (running in lane three so actually more like 820m). Happy with this although I could have done this quicker if I hadn't have trained too hard Sat, Sun, Mon and Tues am.

Does anyone else do too many miles? How do you stop yourselve from training too hard when all you want to do is run run run adn get better?

Did 12miles this morning. Doing speed work tomorrow am (8 miles in total) and then running home (11.3 miles). So 19.3 miles altogether tomorrow.

Bye for now.

1 comment:

Wayne said...

Daniel - I'm afraid that you are not recovering from your workouts, if you trained hard from Sat - Tues.
What do you consider too many miles? I think if you've been averaging 50 miles/wk for the last year and then suddenly jumped to 90 miles/wk, then I'd say you're running too many miles too soon. There needs to be some sort of progression. Also, I think you'll do more harm than improvement if you're training hard all the time. My advice is that you need to take it easy on your easy days (that's if you have any).

Good luck and I enjoy following your blog.